Facebook Messenger Bot Tutorial: How to Make a Facebook Bot
January 10, 2018
Develop a custom Facebook Messenger Bot to enhance your organization’s marketing, support and services. Some of the nation’s largest brands have developed highly-effective business solutions via Facebook Bot development. If you’re looking to engage your customers with personalized, value-adding content, Facebook Chat Bots may be just what your organization needs. We invite you to discover how Facebook Bots work with our comprehensive Facebook Messenger Bot Tutorial, below:
Facebook Messenger Bot Tutorial – Table of Contents
- What is a Facebook Bot
- How Facebook Bots Work
- Benefits & Capabilities
- Case Study Examples
- How to Build a Facebook Bot
What is a Facebook Bot
A Facebook Messenger Bot is an innovative new chatbot platform which enhances business marketing, user experiences and customer service. Chatbots are a form of artificial intelligence (AI) that holds interactive conversations with customers. As the world’s largest chat platform, Facebook Messenger Platform 2.2 and above incorporates “broadcast API, customer chat plugin, media template, and a bunch of awesome feature enhancements.” From the user side of things, Facebook Chat Bots deliver chat-based automated responses designed to offer context-based information.
According to Fortune.com,
Facebook Messenger has over 900 million monthly active users worldwide
How Facebook Bots Work
Facebook Bots work by recognizing specific trigger words and context-based data sets. For example, if a user asks what type of tulips are available using your Facebook Messenger Bot, the chatbot can automatically provide a list of related products. By prompting the user for additional information, such as color or size, the chatbot narrows down the information to provide customers with the most relevant information possible.
Benefits & Capabilities of Facebook Chat Bots
Facebook Chat Bots have taken the marketing world by storm. Organizations are finding new ways to integrate their current products, services and marketing strategies by developing their own personalized Facebook Messenger Bot. From basic support inquiries to streamlined sales, the possibilities are virtually endless. According to Entrepreneur.com, a Facebook Bot will eventually be able to understand how you’re feeling.
Here are a few of the most notable capabilities and benefits of Facebook Bots:
- Deliver Personalized Experiences to Your Customers
- Provide Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
- Engage Your Customers with Interactive Conversations
- Process Simple Sales Directly in the Messaging App
- Develop Personalized Relationships with Users
- Offer Automated Services without Leaving Messaging App
Case Study Examples
- 1-800-Flowers – This chatbot prompts users to choose a product category, place orders and provide contact information for the purpose of lead generation.
- Domino’s Pizza – Domino’s Facebook Messenger Bot enables customers to place new or repeat orders and track delivery progress.
- Whole Foods Market – The Whole Foods Market Facebook Bot provides recipe and meal planning information for potential customers.
Facebook Bots Provide a Platform for Emotional Marketing
How to Build a Facebook Bot
- Develop a Working Webhook URL
- Create a Facebook Page
- Configure a Facebook App
- Set Up a Facebook Messaging App
- Generate a Facebook Page Access Token
- Set Up a Working Webhook
- Generate a Callback URL
- Validate with a Verification Token
- Configure Relevant Subscription Fields
- Test the Facebook Bot
- Customize the Facebook Bot’s Behavior
- Submit Your Facebook App for Review
- Facebook Developers: Messenger Platform
- Facebook Developers: Submitting Your Messenger Bot
- Stanford.edu: The Rise of Chatbots
Hire Blennd to Develop Your Facebook Bot
Our professional Denver web design team works hard to make sure our clients stay ahead of the competition by leveraging the latest digital marketing trends, such as Facebook Chatbots. Do you have an idea for a great messenger bot for your company? We’ll help you identify, develop and implement a Facebook Bot for your business. Request a quote for our digital marketing services today!