Blennd is looking for a Web Developer
November 19, 2018
The primary responsibility of the Web Developer is to develop and maintain websites and digital media. The ideal candidate should be able to take web-ready PSDs and turn them into functional, interactive, and cross device compatible WordPress websites. Strong WordPress knowledge including building custom themes, custom templates, custom functionalities and custom plugins is required. The ability to navigate Photoshop templates and layouts for websites, digital advertising and other marketing collateral is required. Must be able write and maintain clean code.
- Develop responsive websites that are cross browser and cross device compatible
- Build, implement and manage WordPress websites from Photoshop layouts through the use of custom themes, custom templates, custom functionalities and custom plugins
- Build and manage websites in other CMS platforms as needed
- Manage and update websites on an ongoing basis including content, images, new pages and functionalities
- Implement SEO recommendations and technical updates
- Stay up-to-date on the latest trends in web development
- Adhere to project hours requirements and timelines and tracking all time appropriately
- Digital media development including display advertising and email marketing
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Science or related field (Bachelor’s preferred)
- 2+ years’ experience in WordPress and web development or related field
- Advanced WordPress knowledge
- Creating custom WordPress themes is required
- Building custom WordPress plugins is a plus
- Proven knowledge of web technologies such as Bootstrap 4, SASS, PHP, NPM/Webpack, jQuery, and GIT is required
- Extensive experience with Advanced Custom Fields is a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of responsive design and development best practices
- Basic server interaction
- cPanel/Plesk experience is a plus
- Must be able to stand up WordPress site including:
- Creating and configuring a MySQL database
- Creating subdomains and managing file space
- Creating and managing FTP accounts
- Solid understanding of initial WordPress setup and configuration is required
- A track record of writing code that is clean, understandable, cross browser and cross device compatible
- Experience with frameworks such as Divi and Visual Composer is a plus
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Chrome inspector
- Excellent Photoshop skills with a precise eye for pixel perfect designs and layouts
- Experience building eCommerce websites a plus (WooCommerce / Shopify)
- Knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) best practices and strategies a plus
- Must have experience working under pressure and meeting deadlines
- Must have experience working as part of a team. Leadership experience a plus
- Must be proactive and outgoing and quick to learn and problem solve.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible vacation/time-off.
- Competitive salaries and performance-based raises.
- Open, collaborative work environment in RiNo
- Professional development opportunities.
- On-site gym access.
- Conference and career development allowance.