Sr. Account Manager
As a key member of our leadership team, the primary focus of the Sr. Account Manager is to oversee the growth of client accounts, the successful execution of projects and the planning of internal resources across all departments. Successful candidates will be savvy digital natives who will plan and prioritize all deliverables and resources. As a Sr. Account Manager, you will work closely with clients and internal teams to proactively coordinate, support and increase the profitability of all client relationships, while ensuring internal resources are planned appropriately to execute on contracts.
The Sr. Account Manager should be focused on account growth and profitability, be a natural problem-solver and big picture thinker. This role requires excellent interpersonal communications skills and very strong organizational skills. You will act as an ‘air-traffic-controller’ and be the gatekeeper for the team — providing high-level support for clients and a well-oiled machine for the internal team — all while keeping chaos at bay and getting it all done on time. Digital and / or website agency experience overseeing a team of project managers is required for this role.
- Directly oversee our Project Managers and Client Services department — managing, training and supporting our team of Project Managers
- Develop and maintain trusting, strategic and longstanding relationships with our clients, that deliver the highest levels of value and impact.
- Lead cross-functional teams of strategists, designers, developers, SEO and paid media specialists to develop creative and strategic work that transforms our client’s business.
- Grow our client base with key client executives and maintain strong senior relationships, as well as introduce new opportunities accordingly while providing meaningful contribution to organic growth and new business.
- Help establish and maintain internal operational best practices to improve effeciency and maximize profitability
- Effectively plan and allocate resources to maximize output
- Employ metrics and data to inform resourcing decisions, regularly adjusting resources to accommodate new projects and project change requests
- Own new client intake process and project prioritization
- Proactively identify and forecast resource needs and talent gaps across all departments in partnership with team leads to hire contract and full time employees
- Create and oversee a growth plan for our Client Services department including forecasting needs, hiring, traning and onboarding of new project managers
- Collaborate with project managers to oversee schedules, budgets, assets, and overall project organization to ensure requirements and project deliverables dates are clearly communicated, understood and executed upon.
- Oversee monthly billing, collaborating with accounting to create and reconcile invoices and time billed against projects
- Expert use of our internal project management and financial tools
- Serve as a neutral escalation point for any issues that may arise with team members or clients, nurturing relationships while pro-actively soliciting and acting on feedback efficiently and professionally
- Work to adjust/optimize team processes as necessary to ensure effeciency the delivery of high-quality work
- Minimum 2-3+ years experience in a sr. client services or operations role at a design firm, ad agency, or related tech business
- Proven leadership skills
- Confidence with everything from team building to mentoring to guiding groups of individual contributors
- Excellent problem solver, multitasker, and confident communicator
- A strong working knowledge of Project Management fundamentals, including budgets, timelines, scoping, software, workflows and tool sets
- Ability to gauge skill levels and identify gaps in talent
- Experience in implementing and structuring new processes at scale within creative teams
- Highly responsive and customer-service driven
- A positive, friendly, can-do attitude with the ability to remain calm and flexible, and maintain a drama-free environment
- Clear, professional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment, navigating ambiguity and prioritizing when needed
- High energy and go-getter attitude; comfortable working autonomously
- Experience managing financials, P&Ls and profitability a plus
- Proficient in Google Suite: Drive, Docs, Slides, Sheets. Wrike project management and Netsuite finance. Salesforce knowledge is a plus.
- Must currently live in the Denver area or be in the process of relocating here (we are not currently offering relocation costs)
- Matched retirement account (salaried employees).
- Health insurance (salaried employees).
- Flexible vacation / time-off.
- Conference and career development allowance.
- Fun, collaborative work environment in RiNo.
- Hybrid in-office / remote working environment.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Quarterly team building events and activities.
- Ergonomic workstations and in-office lounge areas.
- On-site gym and pool access.
- Free parking.
The minimum base pay salary for this position is $75,000 – $95,000/year. Salary may be negotiable based on experience. The minimum salary does not include any other pay elements in which this position may be eligible.
Blennd is currently in a hybrid / flexible working model. At this time we are seeking Denver-based candidates who are able to work on-site 2-3 days per week in our downtown Denver office.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran