We are offering an opportunity to work as a SEO specialist in the field of search engine optimization (SEO) at an innovative Denver digital marketing agency. We seek an individual who has experience providing SEO services as part of an in-house or in an agency environment. Ideal candidates should exhibit strong expertise in information technology, digital marketing, and organic growth strategies. This role requires willingness to work in a dynamic team-based environment where they are expected to collaborate efficiently both in-person and remote. We’re looking for someone with a solid understanding of SEO and one who can also harness the voice, style, and tone of the various brands our company represents. This individual must be passionate about helping businesses gain the competitive advantage through a combination of innovation and industry best practices. Previous experience with paid search, marketing, or content management is preferred but not required.
As part of the Blennd team, the SEO specialist will contribute to the team’s technical SEO strategies while playing a critical role in the business growth of our client’s organizations, both large and small. The primary responsibilities of the SEO specialist involves a combination of technical development, strategic collaboration, brand research, webpage content optimizations, meta data optimizations, analytical reporting, and industry research. This individual implements technical SEO solutions, assesses project criteria, leverages SEO best practices, completes deliverables for our ongoing SEO clients, and provides high-quality SEO content optimizations on both the front-end and back-end of client websites. Common deliverables include 301 redirect worksheets, technical audits, monthly reports, keyword research, sitemap structure, search engine configurations, index submissions, web core vital monitoring, and competitive analysis.
- Develop a strong understanding of branding requirements for each of our clients as it relates to SEO initiatives.
- Perform technical site health audits to provide insights, itemize issues, and implement fixes.
- Analyze organic search traffic and keyword ranking performance to provide valuable insights and recommendations.
- Generate custom SEO reports for client websites to provide highlights, identify strengths / weaknesses, and propose a plan-of-action.
- Assist in developing new organic search strategies to increase online visibility for client websites.
- Monitor and research SEO trends, Google algorithm updates, and new tools to create cutting-edge strategies.
- Manage web-based business tools such as Google Analytics and SEMrush to track return on investment for SEO initiatives.
- Populate optimizations, such as on-page content and meta data, onto the back-end of WordPress and other CMS platforms.
- Optimize back-end configuration of client websites, following Blennd’s SEO process, such as visibility settings, plugins, index, and post type indexes.
- Contribute to new website development by optimizing sitemap structure / URL slugs.
- Provide comprehensive keyword research including organic, competitor, and new target search queries.
- Create, test, and implement structured data schema markup with on client websites.
- Facilitate the strategic creation of content to support the individual needs of our clients.
- Work alongside the SEO Manager and SEO Content Specialist to gain knowledge of clients’ brands.
- Optimize high-quality content covering a variety of industries, brands and products.
- Edit existing website copy to incorporate SEO copywriting best practices.
- Create a variety of deliverables for clients, including Excel workbooks, Word documents, PDF reports, and more.
- Configure new and existing client projects for performance tracking in online management platforms, such as SEMrush and Yext.
- Bring new opportunities and skills to the SEO team, such as backlink building, technical development, or partnerships.
- Complete certifications using various providers, such as Google Academy / Partners, SEMrush, and Yext.
- Communicate with SEO project manager and collaborate with other departments in order to get information necessary to complete projects and meet deadlines.
- Participate in client meetings or team meetings in order to increase understanding of company goals.
- Display genuine interest in services beyond SEO, such as marketing, social media, and website design.
- Must have professional experience with SEO in-house or in-agency.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Word.
- Must be able to travel to the Blennd office in RiNo, Denver, Colorado, during normal business hours (9am-5pm).
- Must be able to interact and collaborate positively with fellow team members in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have quality written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to understand project needs and produce required deliverables.
- Must have experience working under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Must have strong critical thinking skills and be able to problem solve.
- Preferred bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) or minimum four years experience in SEO field.
- Preferred experience providing other digital marketing services such as PPC / paid media.
- Preferred experience with online tools, such as MOZ, SEMrush, Google Data Studio, Google Search Console, and more.
- Preferred experience configuring Google Analytics properties and other reporting / data tracking tools.
- Preferred working knowledge of SEO best practices and industry standards.
- Preferred basic knowledge of WordPress CMS.
- Preferred experience with content management, such as copywriting and editorial calendars.
- Matched retirement account (salaried employees).
- Health insurance (salaried employees).
- Flexible vacation / time-off.
- Conference and career development allowance.
- Fun, collaborative work environment in RiNo.
- Hybrid in-office / remote working environment.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Quarterly team building events and activities.
- Ergonomic workstations and in-office lounge areas.
- On-site gym and pool access.
- Free parking.
The salary range for this position is $55,000 – $65,000/year. Salary may be negotiable based on experience. The minimum salary does not include any other pay elements in which this position may be eligible.
HYBRID WORKPLACE UPDATE
Blennd is currently in a Hybrid / Flexible working model with two days in the office and 3 days remote. Interviews may be done virtually or in-person at our downtown Denver office
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran
**THIS IS A FULL-TIME EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY. WE ARE NOT LOOKING FOR INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS AT THIS TIME**
SEO SPECIALIST QUESTIONNAIRE