**NOTE: Due to Covid-19, this position will temporarily be remote; however, this job will eventually return to an ON-SITE POSITION. You MUST BE LOCATED IN THE DENVER AREA in order to be considered.**
We are offering an opportunity to work as a content specialist / writer in the field of search engine optimization (SEO) at an innovative Denver digital marketing agency. We seek an individual who with proven professional copywriting skills with an interest in developing specialized expertise in SEO. Ideal candidates should exhibit strong attention to detail and be willing to work in a dynamic team-based environment. We’re looking for someone who can harness the voice, style and tone of the various brands our company represents. This individual must be passionate about helping businesses gain the competitive advantage through quality content writing and up-and-coming SEO strategies. Previous experience with both SEO and professional writing is preferred but not required.
As part of the Blennd team, the SEO content specialist will learn how content and search plays a critical role in today’s business and how to grow organic traffic for small and large organizations alike. The primary responsibilities of the SEO content specialist involves a combination of content writing, brand research, webpage content optimizations, meta data optimizations, analytical reporting, and industry research. The SEO content specialist creates editorial calendars, assesses project criteria, implements SEO best practices, completes deliverables for our on-going SEO clients, and provides high-quality SEO copywriting / optimizations for website launch clients.
- Develop a strong understanding of branding requirements for each of our clients.
- Support the strategic creation of content to support the individual needs of our clients.
- Work alongside the SEO Project Manager while gaining knowledge of clients’ brands.
- Assist in developing new strategies to increase online visibility for client websites.
- Write high-quality content covering a variety of industries, brands and products.
- Edit existing website copy to incorporate SEO copywriting best practices.
- Create a variety of deliverables for clients, including Excel workbooks, Word documents, PDF reports, and more.
- Monitor client website traffic and search performance using a variety of online tools.
- Contribute to the creation of monthly SEO reports for client websites.
- Communicate with SEO project manager and collaborate with other departments in order to get information necessary to complete projects and meet deadlines.
- Participate in client meetings or team meetings in order to increase understanding of company goals.
- Display genuine interest in services beyond copywriting and SEO, such as marketing, social media, and website design.
- Stay on top of SEO trends, Google algorithm updates, and new tools to create cutting-edge strategies.
- Manage web-based business tools such as Google Analytics and SEMrush to track return on investment for SEO initiatives.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Word
- Must be able to travel to the Blennd office in RiNo, Denver, Colorado, during normal business hours (9am-5pm)
- Must be able to interact positively with fellow team members in a fast-paced environment
- Must have quality writing skills and willingness to further develop writing expertise
- Must have the ability to understand project needs and produce required deliverables
- Must have experience working under pressure and meeting deadlines
- Must have strong critical thinking skills and be able to problem solve
- Must have strong written communication skills
- Preferred working knowledge of SEO best practices
- Preferred basic knowledge of WordPress
- Preferred experience working on SEO projects
- Preferred experience with professional writing, such as copywriting and blog articles
Job Type: Part-time position (with internship credit upon request)
Weekly Hours: 20-30 hours
**NOTE: THIS IS AN ON-SITE POSITION. YOU MUST BE LOCATED IN THE DENVER AREA IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED.**
SEO CONTENT SPECIALIST / COPYWRITER QUESTIONNAIRE