Content Writer (Contract)
Blennd is seeking a contract / part-time content writer to join our team and assist with ongoing content writing needs. We are seeking an individual with proven professional copywriting skills. Ideal candidates should exhibit strong attention to detail and be willing to work in a dynamic team-based environment. We’re looking for someone who can harness the voice, style and tone of the various brands our company represents. This individual must be passionate about helping businesses gain the competitive advantage through quality content writing. Previous experience with both SEO and professional writing is preferred but not required.
As part of the Blennd team, the Content Writer will learn how content and search plays a critical role in today’s business and how to grow organic traffic for small and large organizations alike.
- Develop a strong understanding of branding requirements for each of our clients.
- Support the strategic creation of content to support the individual needs of our clients.
- Work alongside the SEO Project Manager while gaining knowledge of clients’ brands.
- Write high-quality content covering a variety of industries, brands and products.
- Edit existing website copy to incorporate SEO copywriting best practices.
- Communicate with SEO project manager and collaborate with other departments in order to get information necessary to complete projects and meet deadlines.
- Participate in client meetings or team meetings in order to increase understanding of company goals.
- Display genuine interest in services beyond copywriting and SEO, such as marketing, social media, and website design.
- Stay on top of SEO trends, Google algorithm updates, and new tools to create cutting-edge strategies.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Word
- Must be able to interact positively with fellow team members in a fast-paced environment
- Must have quality writing skills and willingness to further develop writing expertise
- Must have the ability to understand project needs and produce required deliverables
- Must have experience working under pressure and meeting deadlines
- Must have strong critical thinking skills and be able to problem solve
- Must have strong written communication skills
- Preferred working knowledge of SEO best practices
- Preferred basic knowledge of WordPress
- Preferred experience working on SEO projects
- Preferred experience with professional writing, such as copywriting and blog articles
Job Type: Contract / part-time position (with internship credit upon request)
Weekly Hours: 20-30 hours
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
**NOTE: CANDIDATES DO NOT NEED TO BE LOCATED IN THE DENVER AREA TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION. THIS CAN BE A REMOTE POSITION, OR LOCAL RESIDENTS ARE WELCOME TO UTILIZE OUR DENVER OFFICE.**
"*" indicates required fields