Business Development Representative
We are looking for a rock star Business Development Representative (BDR) to serve as the front-line in prospect outreach and pipeline growth. Your role will be to seek new business opportunities by contacting and developing relationships with potential customers until they become a qualified lead.
As the first point of contact for prospective clients, you’ll be responsible for representing Blennd and making a positive impression that sets the tone for the entire sales lifecycle. You’ll expand your expertise in the rapidly expanding realms of web design, development, and digital marketing. You will be empowered to research, prospect, cold-call, qualify, and set meetings for our sales team with mid-market brands focused on the tech vertical utilizing HubSpot and other marketing automation efforts.
Ultimately, you will boost sales and contribute to our long-term business growth, learn and develop your sales tool kit with the goal of moving to the next level of B2B sales.
- Become an expert at generating new conversations and prequalifying opportunities to set follow up meetings
- Proactively research companies and contact potential clients through outbound networking activities including cold calls, emails and LinkedIn, among other industry tools to execute your lead generation strategy
- Passionate communicate Blennd’s value proposition
- Earn the time and attention of decision makers in target organizations
- Set up qualified meetings or calls between (prospective) clients and sales leaders
- Provide proactive follow-up, service information and overall support to secure qualified leads
- Identify client needs and clearly communicate Blennd’s sales process
- Utilize and continually improve processes and experiment with new and creative prospecting strategies to increase qualified leads and appointments
- Focus efforts on leads and opportunities that maximize business growth and retention
- Manage (weekly/monthly/quarterly) sales forecasts, use activity reporting and opportunity management via HubSpot CRM and maintaining a clean and organized pipeline
- Meet specific (weekly/monthly/quarterly) pipeline metrics to help achieve lead goals while continuously improving sales skills
- Collaborate with our marketing team on lead generation efforts
- Qualify leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities
- Identify inefficiencies and implement improvements in our process
- Proven work experience as a Business Development Representative, Sales Account Executive or similar role
- Hands-on experience with multiple demand generation techniques (including cold calls)
- Strong desire to maintain a hunter mentality
- Track record of achieving sales metrics and quotas
- Experience with CRM software (e.g. HubSpot)
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Eager to learn sales practices and grow and develop a sales pipeline
- Empathetic listener and persuasive communicator
- Competitive, resilient, and highly motivated
- Able to withstand or overcome frequent rejection; open to coaching and feedback
- Exceptional time management skills with laser focus on the activities that are of highest value
- Ability to be a self-starter & self-motivated with strong work ethic
- Multitasking & time management skills are a must
- Highly organized with attention-to-detail and consistency
- Isn’t afraid to ask difficult questions
- Display the highest level of professionalism at all times
- Have a positive impact on culture and team morale
- Have a positive attitude and encourage growth and success
- Hybrid in-office hours in Denver
- B.S. or a B.A. college degree
- Matched retirement account (salaried employees).
- Health insurance (salaried employees).
- Flexible vacation / time-off.
- Conference and career development allowance.
- Fun, collaborative work environment in RiNo.
- Hybrid in-office / remote working environment.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Quarterly team building events and activities.
- Ergonomic workstations and in-office lounge areas.
- On-site gym and pool access.
- Free parking.
This job profile requires the assignment and participation in a sales compensation plan. The expected total compensation for this role in year one is $70,000-$100,000+ (on target earnings / OTE). The base compensation range is $45,000-$65,000. Employees that excel may increase the on-target earnings.
Blennd is currently in a hybrid / flexible working model. At this time we are seeking Denver-based candidates who are able to work on-site 2-3 days per week in our downtown Denver office.
Interviews may be done virtually or in person at our office. This working scenario may change and is flexible based on candidate preferences.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.