Blennd is seeking a full-time Account Manager with a primary focus on overseeing client relationships on our website, digital marketing, content and brand projects from onboarding through execution and client retention. As an Account Manager, you will work closely with clients and internal agency teams to proactively coordinate and support web design, development and other related projects and account relationships through their life cycles. Your primary focus will be to onboard, plan, schedule and monitor progress and quality of all deliverables, while mitigating risks to ensure that projects are successfully completed on time and on budget. The Account Manager is a client-facing, post-sales role and you will serve as the day-to-day point of contact, maintain client satisfaction, grow accounts through upsells, while keeping the quality of work high in order to retain and grow business. The Account Manager will have a proven track record of client retention and be a natural problem-solver and big picture thinker.
The ideal candidate has experience working in an agency environment managing website design and development projects and has great communication and customer service skills — from scoping, planning and strategy, through review, approval, QA and launch.
This individual must be able to finesse delicate client relationships and manage internal teams to deliver cutting-edge work, on-time and on-budget, while remaining focused on driving the agency towards their high-level strategic goals and objectives. As a leader of the team and the face of the organization to clients, the Account Manager must display a strong leadership style and display initiative to find the best way to get things done efficiently. The Account Manager must balance the needs of the clients against the agency’s bottom line, while being driven by a complex timeline of tasks, which requires superior leadership, communication and organizational skills.
- Serve as the main point of contact for clients on assigned projects, developing relationships, assisting with requests, managing expectations and deliverables.
- Onboard new clients including leading discovery meetings, creating strategy documents, planning timelines and budgets to ensure successful execution of projects, and supporting Project Manager in project setup.
- Coordinate with our Project Manager and Sr. Operations Manager to determine project scope, timelines, milestones, resource needs, then manage websites and other types of projects to successful completion.
- Work with our DevOps Manager and Sr. Operations Manager to scope new projects and upsell opportunities for current clients
- Collaborate with Sr. Operations Manager to Project Manager to achieve internal sales goals
- Work directly with clients and account service teams to obtain website content, materials, digital assets, and client approvals
- Review incoming, client supplied, project deliverables prior to distributing to team members to ensure quality and clarity of next steps
- Attend meetings, take detailed notes and coordinate next steps
- Assist Project Manager in quality assurance reviews of deliverables to ensure scope and value fulfillment
- Collaborate with web development and digital marketing teams to identify and address project risks
- Assist Project Manager with schedule management
- Coordinate partner / freelance resources as necessary
- Proactively monitor project estimates versus time and cost accruals to effectively manage project budgets
- Ensure timely and successful delivery and execution of project strategies and work plans, revising as needed to accommodate changing project requirements according to client needs and objectives
- Experience planning, coordinating and managing web design and development projects from onboarding through launch.
- A solid understanding of current web technologies and web development process requirements.
- A basic understanding of website optimization including inbound marketing principles, search engine optimization, conversion rate optimization, and user experience best practices.
- Experience doing Quality Assurance (QA) reviews of websites.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
Capability to proactively problem-solve and nimbly address unexpected workflow and project challenges
- Ability to adeptly develop project proposals, estimates, and scope documents
- Solid interpersonal skills with a strong sense of responsibility and personal initiative
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with a variety of clients, stakeholders and inspire confidence
- 1-4 years of demonstrated account or project management experience including web design and development projects, preferably in an agency environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
WHAT IT TAKES TO WORK AT BLENND
- Integrity and mutual respect
- A sense of humor
- A propensity for continuous learning
- Creative and strategic-thinking to solve complex problems
- Great communication skills
- Collaborative, teamwork orientation
- High level of accountability
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects of varying complexity, meet deadlines, and work well in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to apply strong analytical skills to strategic issues
- Ability to work independently
- Matched retirement account
- Health insurance
- Flexible vacation/time-off.
If you feel you have what it takes, we’d love to hear from you!